Associate Professor Tracie BARBER
||BE (Hons): Aerospace Engineering, The University of New South Wales
||PhD: Computational Fluid Dynamics / Aerospace Engineering, The University of New South Wales
||CFD Consultant, Centre for Advanced Numerical Computation in Engineering and Science
||Manager of Research Projects, CFD Research
||Lecturer, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, The University of New South Wales
||Director of Laboratories
||Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship
||Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Award for Teaching, UNSW
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Fluid Dynamics
- Biofluids: artery stenosis, drug-eluting stents and renal-related fluid flow, including dialysis
- Integration of CFD and laser measurement experimental systems (LDA, PIV)
- Ground effect aerodynamics
- Fire and smoke modelling
- BARBER TJ, "A study of water surface deformation due to tip vortices of a Wing-in-Ground effect", Journal of Ship Research, Vol 51(2), June, pp 182-186 (2007).
- BARBER TJ and TERRY J, "CFD and experimental study of an inflatable re-entry vehicle model at Mach 3 conditions", Acta Astronautica, Vol 61, pp 854-865 (2007).
- BARBER TJ, BEVES C, DIASINOS S, DOIG G, LEONARDI E and NEELY A, "Studies of ground effect automotive aerodynamics", AutoTechnology, Vol 2-2007, pp 52-55 (2007).
- DOIG G, BARBER TJ, LEONARDI E and NEELY AJ, "The onset of compressibility effects for aerofoils in ground effect", The Aeronautical Journal, Vol 111(1126), pp 807-814 (2007).
- DOIG GC, BARBER TJ, LEONARDI E, NEELY AJ and KLEINE H, "Methods for investigating supersonic ground effect in a blowdown wind tunnel", Shock Waves, ISSN 0938-1287, Vol 18(2), pp 155-159 (2008).
- VOGT JW, BARBER TJ and LEONARDI E, "Flow field phenomena about lift and downforce generating cambered aerofoils in ground effect", WSEAS Transactions on Fluid Mechanics, ISSN 1790-5087, Vol 3(3), pp 234-243 (2008).
- YEOH GH and BARBER TJ, "Assessment of interface capturing methods in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) codes - a case study", The Journal of Computational Multiphase Flow, Vol 1(2), pp 201-215 (2009).
- MACKAY D and BARBER TJ, "Numerical simulation of the New South Wales Fire Brigade compartment fire behaviour training test cell", International Journal on Engineering Performance-based Fire Codes, Vol 9(4), pp 154-162 (2009).
- WATSON I, BARBER TJ and LEONARDI E, "Whole field validation of numerical and experimental results", Computers & Fluids, accepted for publication 3 September 2009.
- BARBER TJ, "Visualization of wingtip vortices produced by a wing near a stationary ground plane", International Journal of Aerodynamics, Vol 1-2009, pp 18-27 (2009).
- VOGT J and BARBER TJ, "Variation of ground effect phenomena about downforce generating Tyrrell and NACA4412 aerofoils", International Journal of Aerodynamics, Vol 1-2009, pp 82-96 (2009).
- DOIG G, BARBER TJ, NEELY A and MYRE D, "Experimental validation as an integral component of Computational Fluid Dynamic research", ANZIAM Journal, Vol 51, pp C265-C279 (2010).
- BARBER TJ and SIMMONS A, "Large eddy simulation of a stenosed artery", ANZIAM Journal, Vol 51, pp C186-C200 (2010).
- MACKAY D, BARBER TJ and YEOH G, "Experimental and computational studies of compartment fire behaviour training scenarios", Building and Environment, Vol 45(12), December, pp 2620-2628 (2010).
- DOIG GC, BARBER TJ, LEONARDI E, NEELY AJ and KLEINE H, "Aerodynamics of a supersonic projectile in proximity to a solid surface", AIAA Journal, Vol 48(12) (2010).
- BARBER TJ and SIMMONS A, "Large eddy simulation of a stenosed artery, using a femoral artery pulsatile flow profile", Artificial Organs, Vol 35(7), E155 (2011).
- BARBER TJ, DOIG G, BEVES C, DIASINOS S and WATSON I, "The synergistic integration of CFD and EFD for ground effect aerodynamics studies", Journal of Aerospace Engineering, accepted for publication October 2010.
- BEVES CC, BARBER TJ and LEONARDI E, "Airfoil flow separation suppression using dimples", Aeronautical Journal, Vol 115(1168), pp 335-344 (2011).
- YEOH G, CHEUNG S, TU J and BARBER TJ, "Comparative large eddy simulation study of a large-scale buoyant fire", Heat and Mass Transfer Eng., Vol 47(9), pp 1197-1208, DOI: 10.1007/s00231-011-0771-2 (2011).
- BARBER TJ and TIMCHENKO V, "Student-specific projects for greater engagement in a Computational Fluid Dynamics course", Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, Vol 17(2), pp 129-138 (2011).
- VOGT J, BARBER TJ and LEONARDI E, "Ground effect phenomena about lift and downforce generating cambered aerofoils", International Journal of Numerical Methods in Heat and Fluid Flow, accepted for publication August 2010.
- STANLEY C, BARBER TJ, MILTON B and ROSENGARTEN G, "Periodic cavitation shedding in a cylindrical orifice", Experiments in Fluids, published online June, DOI: 10.1007/s00348-011-1138-7 (2011).
- DOIG G and BARBER TJ, "Considerations for numerical modeling of low aspect ratio inverted wings in ground effect", accepted to AIAA Journal, May 2011.
- DOIG G, BARBER TJ and NEELY A, "The influence of compressibility on the aerodynamics of an inverted wing in ground effect", J. Fluids Eng., Vol 133(6), 061102-1-061102-17. DOI: 10.1115/1.4004084 (2011).
- DOIG G, BARBER TJ and NEELY A, "Aerodynamic characteristics of a swept wing in close ground proximity at high subsonic Mach numbers", accepted, pending minor revisions, to Journal of Aerospace Engineering, July (2011).
- DOIG G, BARBER TJ, NEELY A and MYRE DD, "Aerodynamics of an aerofoil in transonic ground effect: numerical study at full-scale Reynolds numbers", Aeronautical Journal, accepted for publication July 2011.