Dr Jose E. GUIVANT
||BSc: Electrical Engineering, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina
||PhD: Field Robotics, ARC Centre of Excellence in Autonomous Systems, Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR), Department of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, The University of Sydney
||PhD student (ACFR scholarship holder) and tutor, The University of Sydney
||ARC Research Fellow at ACFR, The University of Sydney
||Lecturer, Mtrx1702, "Mechatronics I", Department of Mechatronic Engineering, The University of Sydney
||CRC researcher, ACFR, The University of Sydney
||Senior Lecturer, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, The University of New South Wales
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Robotics/Autonomous Systems
- Stochastic data fusion
- Gaussian estimators (KF, EKF, UF, smoothing, etc)
- Stochastic inverse problem
- Localisation and mapping, SLAM
- Stochastic partial differential equations
- Non linear control
- Dynamic programming (applied on non linear control and motion planning)
- Gaussian random fields (applied in inverse problem)
- Non linear manifold learning, non linear dimensionality reduction
- Navigation based on fusion of GPS/inertial/dead-reckoning sensors/maps
- Wireless communications
- Visit my research website
Professional Interests and Consulting
- Reviewer for International Journals:
- IEEE Transaction on Robotics
- International Journal of Robotics
- Journal of Field Robotics
- IEEE Man and Cybernetics
- Latin American Applied Research
- Reviewer for International Conferences:
- Editor for International Journal:
- Latin American Applied Research (Editor in Process Control)
- Past Industrial Projects:
- Haul Check (Aid Guidance System)
- Proximity System
- Fleet Monitoring System
- Current Projects:
- Data fusion applied to solve Inverse Problem in Neurology
- Real-time control/fusion Systems
- JULIAN P, GUIVANT J and DESAGES A, "A parametrization of piecewise linear Lyapunov functions via linear programming", Int. J. Control, Vol 72(7-8), pp 702-715 (1999).
- GUIVANT J, NEBOT E and BAIKER S, "Autonomous navigation and map building using laser range sensors in outdoor applications", J. Robotic Systems, Vol 17(10), pp 565-583 (2000).
- GUIVANT J and NEBOT E, "Optimization of the simultaneous localization and map building algorithm for real time implementation", IEEE Trans. Robotic and Automation, Vol 17(3), pp 242-257 (2001).
- GUIVANT J, MASSON F and NEBOT E, "Simultaneous localization and map building using features and absolute information", J. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol 40(2-3), pp 79-90 (2002).
- MASSON F, GUIVANT J and NEBOT E, "Robust navigation and mapping architecture for large environments", J. Robotic Systems, Vol 20(10), pp 621-634 (2003).
- GUIVANT J and NEBOT E, "Solving the computational and memory requirements of feature based simultaneous localisation and map building algorithms", IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, pp 749-755 (2003).
- GUIVANT J, NIETO J, MASSON F and NEBOT E, "Navigation and mapping in large unstructured environments", Int. J. Robotics Research, Vol 23(4/5), pp 449-472 (2003).
- NEBOT E, GUIVANT J and WORRALL S, "Haul truck alignment monitoring and operator warning system", J. Field Robotics, Vol 23(2), pp 141-161 (2006).
- NIETO J, GUIVANT J and NEBOT E, "DenseSLAM: Simultaneous Localisation and Dense Mapping", Int. J. Robotics Research, Vol 25(8), pp 711-744 (2006).
- MASSON F, GUIVANT J, NIETO J and NEBOT E, "The hybrid metric map: a solution for precision farming", Latin American Applied Research, Vol 35(2), pp 105-110 (2005).
- KUMAR S, GUIVANT J, UPCROFT B and DURRANT-WHYTE H, "Sequential nonlinear manifold learning", Intelligent Data Analysis, Vol 11(2), pp 203-222, IOS Press (2007).
Full list of publications available at: http://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?as_sauthors=j-guivant&as_subj=eng.